The United States is devising to send additional troops to the Middle East in response to mounting concerns over Iran, which Washington accuses of the attacks on oil tankers last week, two US personnel told media, discussing on terms of anonymity.

The personnel did not disclose the number of troops to be deployed or the time of the deployment, which has not been previously reported. If confirmed, it would be added to the 1,500 troop increase declared last month in response to the tankers attack in May, that it also accused on Iran.

The Pentagon refused to comment. It was not clear when a new deployment of troops might be declared. US worries about the threat to the US forces and interests in the territory have escalated steadily in recent weeks, especially after the attacks on two oil tankers at the entrance to the Gulf.

Last week the
Strait of Hormuz released a video it presented Revolutionary   Guard of Iran were behind the attacks near the Strait of Hormuz on the Norweign-led Front Altair, which was set ablaze and the Japanese-led Kokuka Courageous.

Central Command claimed in a statement, “ Iran is responsible for the attack based on video evidence and the resources and proficiency needed to quickly remove the unexploded limpet mine,” Central Command said in a statement”.

Iran refuses the accusations stingily.

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
Mohammad Bin Zayed To Visit China Next Week

Mohammad Bin Zayed To Visit China Next Week

by Susmita July 18, 2019
Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces is likely to make a state visit to China next week. On Thursday, Shaikh Mohammad announced his state visit on his official Twitter account. During the visit, Chinese President Xi Jinping and Shaikh Mohammad will discuss the comprehensive strategic cooperation between the two countries across various sectors. They will also...