The public prosecutor of Saudi Arabia went for second round summit with the Turkish officials, as well as visited the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul where four weeks ago the journalist, Jamal Khashoggi had been murdered.

The murder of renowned journalist Jamal Khashoggi has mounted a crucial crisis for the top oil exporter of the world which apparently refused to take any responsibility of involvement with his disappearance.

After arriving in Istanbul at night on Sunday, Prosecutor Saud AL Mojeb attended a diplomatic summit with the Chief Prosecutor of Istanbul, after his strong protest against the Saudi Statements emphasizing on the theory of intentional murder of Khashoggi which might be preplanned.

At the courthouse, he met the Turkish prosecutor named Irfan Fidan for the second time before visiting the consulate as per the report of the broadcaster of Turkey of NDTV.

The late journalist Khashoggi was a columnist of Washington Post and also a critic of Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman, the de facto ruler of Saudi Arabia. This renowned columnist and critic had been murdered inside the consulate while he visited there for getting the documents for his upcoming marriage.

The officials of Saudi Arabia persisting from the first day about the death of Khashoggi and told that he had left the compound of the consulate on 2nd October after finishing his paperwork. However, the Turkish officials told that his murder was preplanned which was done by the team sent from Saudi Arabia inside the consulate.

The Foreign Minister of Turkey, Mevlut Cavusoglu invited on Riyadh for asking to conclude the probe as soon as possible. He said, “the whole truth must be revealed. We believe visit is important for these truths to come out”.

Turkey has ordered 18 suspected who might be involved in the ruthless killing of Khashoggi to be apprehended for the prosecution in the Turkish courts. But Saudi Arabia wants to contend justice in the kingdom.

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
Saudi Arabia Denies The Charges Of UN On Khassogi Murder

Saudi Arabia Denies The Charges Of UN On Khassogi Murder

by Susmita June 20, 2019
On Wednesday, Saudi Arabia’s minister of state for foreign affairs dismissed a UN report which claims that there is credible evidence Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and other high-level officials are responsible for the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi. Adel al-Jubeir wrote on Twitter, "Nothing new... The rapporteur in the human rights council repeats in her non-binding report what has been published and circulated in the media." The report "contains...