Abu Dhabi: The Authorities announced that for two days from December 2 to 3 parking will be free on the occasion of the 47th UAE National Day holiday. In Dubai the department of transport in Abu Dhabi and the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) declared that all areas in the emirates will have free parking as of Sunday, December 2. Parking tariffs will resume on Tuesday December 4, at 8 pm.
On December 2 and 3 all customer service centres throughout Abu Dhabi and Dubai will closed. During the holidays, the Department of Transport urged motorists not to park in illegal areas and not to obstruct the movement of traffic. As per the federal traffic law, motorists could get a Dh200 fine for four block points for parking in undesignated areas.
In have been informed to the residents can report vehicles that are illegally parked in undesignated areas by calling police on 901.
The new Dubai police has been launched a app so that residents can obstruct traffic by using the app on their smartphones. All residents have to do is take a picture of the vehicle and submit it to authorities by clicking on the icon showing ‘ obstructed vehicles’. The data can then be entered and sent to the Dubai police, which will in turn contact the vehicle owner, instruct them to move the car.
Fines of Parking:-
- Blocking traffic: Dh200 fine
- Random parking: Dh500 fine and 4 black points.
- Parking behind vehicles and blocking movement: Dh1,000 fine and 6 black points.
- Stopping in the middle of the road without a justified reason: Dh1,000 fine and 6 black points.
- Stopping the vehicle in prohibited areas on the hard shoulder:Dh1,000 fine.